Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Day#193

Vacation day 6

We were staying in a log cabin house a mile outside of the now famous Wimberley, Tx.  Famous for devastating flooding and loss of homes and lives on Memorial Day 2015.

When we drove into town for groceries,  I tell you, the people were so friendly! More than once in our stay when the topic came up we were here on vacation, I heard 'thank you for still coming here and supporting us.' I didn't really realize that was a big thing until more than one person said it. And so we did support the local Brookshire Brothers' grocery store, a few of the artsy shoppes, and the Italian restaurant.  More than a week after the flood, we saw news crews in town as we walked around shopping, admittedly, mostly looking. And wow, the shopping! Such neat places. I decided if I was ever to become rock star-ish famous and rich, I know exactly where I'd get my wardrobe.  I bought four thin bracelets as my trip souvenir. And a $2 votive candle that I wish I had 20 more of. It's Orleans brand, thinking maybe I can find those around home possibly.

Caroline and I bought some popcorn at Papa Hoos Popcorn which is noted as the Trip Advisor #1 Place to Eat in Wimberley (of 29!). And, funny, it's just a little popcorn shoppe. Very yum, though. We got two bags to take home but they didn't last long. Zebra (white and dark chocolate and caramel I think?) and Dallas (butter, cheddar, and caramel mix) were the flavors.

At the house, the peacock quickly went from cool to pain in the butt. Here it was outside Caroline's window. It was a noisy animal for sure, day and night. But I will say, so beautiful too. In the morning he would strut around with his feathers fully up but when I'd come around with the camera, down they went, every bloomin time.

The pool felt great and Jack enjoyed his downtime too.

1 comment: