Thursday, June 18, 2015

Day#207

I recently downloaded an app that notifies you when it's raining. I don't know why I thought I needed it, but it could be a hold over from when I was a kid and you needed to know the minute the rain started so you could run out and roll up the car windows or get the clothes in off the line.

It's kinda reminding me of my earthquake app I installed years ago on my first smartphone. (I have always had a thing about earthquakes, thinking we are gonna have the big New Madrid rumbler any day now, any year now.)  Well, the dang earthquake alarm was beeping all.the.time. because there's earthquakes occurring somewhere on this Earth all the time. Gary and the kids definitely still make fun of me for that one.

And now the real-time rain alert seems a bit silly when it has been raining off and on, many times a day now for weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment