Sunday, July 11, 2010

Camera Clean Out

Yes, I really should be using my time wisely (i.e. cleaning up the breakfast dishes, tidying the Walton house in case we have a showing tomorrow—its first day on the market with a realtor!), but since I just found my cord to my camera, I can finally download some shots.  That makes my day and trumps all other things to do.

june 10 012 (2)

Apparently, the kids have been playing with the camera.  Here’s some of the interesting shots I discovered.   Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

june 10 012 (2)

 

june 10 013

Sam’s mouth shot, straight-out-of-camera.  No cropping involved.  Deductive reasoning would lead one to say that Grant was the photog here.  

june 10 011

And I think it’s evident what little girl took this one.  What did she do, feed him lemons?

june 10 014

Here’re the kids with my Dad and Mom, on one of our many trips to the Xenia Knapp’s so far this summer.  We do our part to help keep them in business. 

june 10 025

I think it means you are pretty tired if you fall asleep like this. 

Julia and Neil came to the new house for a quick look.

june 10 030

Caroline somberly waving bye as they soon after had to take off for the airport...june 10 032 june 10 021

Just so you know, the kitty cat formerly known as Bob is now Bruce, 

or as Caroline just corrected my spelling over my shoulder….  “Browse.”

Oh, and did you notice he was dressed up as a super hero, cape around his neck and all?

june 10 024

Bob/Bruce pretty much puts up with anything and everything from her.  Yesterday he got a bath, unbeknownst to us, with water out of the hose, that cold, cold water coming directly from the well, along with about a 1/4 bottle of liquid soap.  Once I saw him, poor thing was shivering like you can’t believe, so I rinsed him in the kitchen sink with warm water enough to get all that soap out of his fur.  Then we wrapped Browse pronounced Bruce in a beach towel and Caroline held him out in the warm sun and then on the black trampoline until he thawed out.

Caroline has since learned that kitties will give themselves their own baths, and thankfully Brob has fully recovered and is back to being his passive, tolerant self today.

All this kitty bath stuff happened as Jack’s water war birthday party was wrapping up. 

june 10 037

june 10 033

Gary worked so hard during the party.

june 10 034

Caroline was taken hostage.  It was serious battle time.  You should have heard all the talk about Recon D and “taking the forest.”

The boys loved it.  june 10 035 

So now my Baby Jack is twelve years old!

Another year, another birthday, another party.  I tell ya, I am just going to enjoy these kid celebrations as long as they last. 

june 10 036

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun party. Does Caroline carry the cat everywhere, how cute. I'll never forget a saying I once heard. "Never try to baptize a cat." Anxious to see you all, XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a fun post! Excellent photo of Gary. Looks like a man who has achieved what he set out to do (reference home in the country, not just having completed the mowing)! I love it! But I wonder what happens to the lawnchair if a squirrel goes by. Looks as though Scooter's tied to it, and a sudden dash from him would upset Gary's relaxed pose, I think...

    ReplyDelete