Friday, July 16, 2010

Correction/Confession

is

I can’t believe I haven’t had to post one of these before-- you know, a heading including the word Correction.  I probably have needed to many times, but lacked the awareness  every single one of those times. 

This one just hit me, big palm thud to the forehead, this morning. 

What was I thinking?!? And sadly, I am not even making this up to be funny.  I’m serious.

You know a few days ago when I was talking baby names and mentioned the presidential connection we had with the three boys’ names? 

[Now that I think about it, I guess you could even say that for Caroline, since that was the name of a First Lady (Harrison) and the name of a President’s child (Kennedy), but anywho….]

The thing that just hit me was that when I was typing that about the boys having Presidential names, I was thinking that there was a President named Samuel. 

There wasn’t.

There was John Adams.

 JohnAdams

There was John Quincy Adams.

 adams1

 

That guy Samuel Adams was someone else. 

080402_sam_adams_beer_logo

2 comments:

  1. Haha - at least you caught it before us. :)

    I remember thinking a few years ago that Sam Adams was not a president - but it didn't occur to me while I was reading this. I swear I usually pay more attention!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We always thought Sam's middle name should have been Adams. Joe's favorite!

    ReplyDelete