Thursday, July 22, 2010

Funnies

Caroline and I were playing the game Taboo recently.  She gave these clues: 

Annie

Parent

Mother

Father

I didn’t come up with the right word.

So she told me the answer:

“Orp-a-han”

What??

“Orp-a-han!”

What’s that?

Grant, looking at the card, “Caroline, it’s orphan.”

-------------------------------------------------------

Which makes me think of the story of Oprah’s name:  It was supposed to be the biblical Orpah, but either got misspelled on her birth certificate or was mispronounced, so that she ended up being Oprah, probably the most well-known made-up name on the planet. 

---------------------------------------------------------

Two half-conversations overheard this morning that leave me wondering “Just what were they talking about??”:

Scene 1

(kids playing something in the basement)

Caroline to Sam:  Jesus can!

Sam: ?? (I can’t hear his reply)

Caroline:  Because he’s Magical Boy!  He’s God’s SON!!

[I really don’t know where the religious stuff comes from since we really don’t talk it—ever. 

Other than OMG!

And an occasional, What the H---?!!]

Scene 2

(kids riding in the van)

Grant to Caroline:  I am older.  I am bigger.  I have more anger.

1 comment:

  1. Scene 2 is great! hahahahaha.... Tell Grant I am older and bigger than him, but I think we may have the same amount of anger in us.

    ReplyDelete