Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A Few Announcements: I Have….

 

the world’s slowest Internet ev---er.

no working oven.

dirty windows and no Windex, ammonia, or anything on the place to clean them up right now.

a sea of boxes for a basement floor.

a great house to sell that no one has even asked to see.

a million ant friends hanging out in my kitchen, even inside my nonfunctioning oven. 

no pictures from the weekend and no located cord to download pictures if I did take any.

---------------------------

So there.  I’ve got my morning frustrations all off my chest and now maybe can move on and feel better.

---------------------------

On the up side, I have…

no high speed connection, but wide open space and views of nature that are ours, all ours, and that’s been a long-lived dream. 

an ugly but totally functioning toaster oven capable of some mini-baking, and a laundry area that’s up and going. Who knew that would bring such happiness?

all the cleaning supplies I might need at the other house and yes, I will be able to pick them up later today.  No biggie, just relax, D.

free time to eventually get through the Gulf of Box-ico. 

a meeting tonight with an enthusiastic realtor.

no thoughts of any possible up side to the demon ants, but I do have four wacky and  wonderful children getting along and having fun this morning, and that helps the mood immensely.

no pictures but many, many memories in my head of a super fun and family-filled weekend. 

What do I have to complain about, right?! 

Karen and Joe, thanks so much for hosting another fabulous reunion, and to everyone there: you know you’ve scored a real bonus in life when you have a family that wants to be together, that seeks out the chance to see each other, and is willing to travel from very far places just to share some food, games, hugs, smiles, and laughs.   

2 comments:

  1. Yes, it was a great week-end, from when the first family member got here last week until the last one left this morning. Thank you all!!! All the left overs are gone and they were really good!!! All the laundry is done, thanks to my girls. Now it is too quiet here on the Gill farm :>( Love to you all, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane - that was a heart-felt post. I am so happy that Gary picked you and that you took him!! We love you as our own. I am sorry I didn't take pictures either, but I was having too much fun to go around with a camera. I am enjoying the ones others took.

    ReplyDelete