Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Jack's Flag Burning

By Jack

Sunday, I went to a flag retirement ceremony at St. Cecilia's church. My troop(216) was chosen to do the ceremony. When dad and I arrived, they were deciding who would be doing what. Matthew M., Matthew J., and I would be folding the retired flag.




The ceremony started. The Knights of Columbus were there,too. Some guy(I think that owns the church) started speaking. Than Fr. Joe Kerber offered a prayer. Then we started to lower the flag. Riley lowered it, Joe detached it, Matthew M., Matthew J., and I started to fold the flag.




Matthew J. held the old flag while Jacob, Riley, and Joe raised the new one. Then we(the color guard) walked over to the fire to burn the old flag. Jacob and Matthew J. set the flag in the fire while everyone else sang"God Bless America". The other guy talked more and then the ceremony was over.

No comments:

Post a Comment