Wednesday, June 10, 2009

We are at the Zoo!


This summer, we are planning lots of things to do. We made a list of activities, with all four kids' input. Our first adventure was going to the St. Louis Zoo. Here's how that went.....




Caroline: First, we started to get ready. We had a picnic before we saw the animals. And after we saw the animals, we went to Steak n Shake.

Summer be-frugal tip: Half-price milkshakes 2-4:00, M-F.



I have a suspicion; this blog, it's gonna be all about the food.





Caroline: By the tree, there was a dead bird and I took a picture of it. And it looked like it had no eyes. But the rest looked like it was real. It was just laying by the tree and the tree looked like it was creepy.


This is me on the left side. My little brother, Sam, is behind me. The bird is on the right side. But you can't see it. Maybe we should put the picture of it?



Blog authority says no. Someone might be eating while looking at this. You can thank me next time you see me.


Sam looks like he is stepping on something. Maybe he is looking at his shoe. My brothers, Jack and Grant--they are playing with the water fountain. They are just being silly! They are goofballs! My brothers, sometimes they be mean to me, and Sam!







Grant: This is at the St Louis Zoo. Jack is trying to get a drink from the water fountain, but I don't want him to because he makes it squirt really far and I want to find out how to do it.








I ate the perfect sandwich at our picnic. It was turkey with some provolone cheese on white bread, from Subway. It was so good!




Before we went in to the zoo, we each chose what we wanted to see. I wanted to see the stingrays, Caroline wanted to see the bears and penguins, and Sam wanted to see the monkeys. Jack didn't care where we were going, other than he didn't want to go to the stingrays. It was the last thing we did. We had to wash our hands and arms up to the elbows before we felt the stingrays. We also had to take off our hats. I don't know why. We stayed for about 30 minutes there. We actually got to feel the stingrays. They felt really soft and slimy. I only got to touch a couple of them. It cost $15. Jack got a $10 bill along the way and I got a $1, but Jack didn't want to see them so he didn't put his money in. Mom had a $20.



We found $11 lying on the ground in front of the grizzly bear. Lucky day! And he stayed asleep. Even luckier!!




-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Diane: Here are the stingrays! So cool!! Sam really squealed when they touched him. Grant did, too, but they both loved it. Jack and I were very sophisicated stingray touchers. Calm as can be but, boy, it did feel weird. Caroline briefly put her arm in and then jerked it out before one even came near her. She flat-out refused to put her arm in again. They were sting(less)rays. See, it was our lucky day!






And no stingray words were utilized.


Sam: I put my hand in the water.



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Caroline: The camels were sitting for a family picture.





A little better than this family


--------------------------------->





We covered a large part of the zoo. Jack had had enough by this point (hi, have you met my pre-teen?) but the rest of us were enjoying it.


Caroline: And I know where zebras live. They live in Africa.



And maybe at the zoo?


Jack has a friend over so he is too busy to be included in this first blog posting. We'll make him do more of the work next time. He will share his knowledge of his favorite zoo animal, the okapi.




So signing off from the zoo,


the Gills-A-GoGo




1 comment:

  1. I see a few flubs, mostly with the formatting. We'll get better.

    ReplyDelete