Saturday, July 23, 2011

Guess What We Did Today

July 11 002

Sweated a lot, for one.

July 11 003

It was close to 100 degrees out there today (for how many days in a row now?).  Gary’s shirt and jeans are hanging funny because they are totally wet from sweat.  Makes for really nice laundry conditions, you can imagine.

 July 11 004

He decided he wanted to cut wood today with his new chainsaw.  Again.  He’s been doing this almost everyday since he got it.  He has said more than a few times that he really likes his new saw.  I believe it.  Yesterday we cut up the cherry tree that had split at the Walton house.  Today it was a big maple out in the woods here at Rosie.

July 11 005

See the puddles of sweat at his feet?  He’s standing here sharpening the chain so he can hop right out of bed tomorrow to go have more fun with his Husqy.

July 11 007 

Except today when we were working it was 3:00.  Isn’t that like still the peak period for heat and sun in the day?  I’m thinking I’ve heard them say a time or two on TV that that’s when you should avoid strenuous activity.  

Somehow I’m supposed to enjoy the wood cutting in July as much as him.  I think I can honestly say I don’t.

July 11 011 

Well, this is what we produced in a couple of hours, yet to split and stack.  Maybe we’ll do that part in September.  That’s what I vote for anyway.

July 11 015 

You know Gary was working way harder than me.  He was running the saw, picking up the really huge pieces, driving the Gator up and down the hill. 

And look!  He’s the one smiling the biggest.  Nut. 

(And for some reason he was calling me Bjorn. ???)

2 comments:

  1. He was also the one who would sit in a car with the windows rolled up on a hot day risking putting his mother in jail. "I love to sweat!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! I can still hear him say, "I just love to sweat". From the time he was 3 all the way to the Downard Days when he would sit in the barn and swat Bumble Bees to making his pretty wife go out on a 100+ degree day and help him cut wood. Maybe that means you can rest when it turns cold.

    ReplyDelete