Monday, July 11, 2011

MovieMonday—The American

 

the american

I do like me some George Clooney so I was pleased when Gary brought this movie home for us on the weekend.  Too bad I was so tired; I only made it through the first five minutes.  This morning I restarted it and watched and it was…ok, pretty good, not bad. 

Imagine Geo as Jack, an assassin in Italy that sometimes wears his Chuck Norris/Gary Gill black tank top, with a butterfly tattoo (I am so not even kidding!) on his back, with little in the way of George’s dreamy voice since the dialogue is pretty sparse.  But I will say he did a good job in communicating so much while saying so little which I guess you could say is the key to good acting. 

Gary said something about the Italian girl reminded him of me (I’m thinking that’s quite a generous stretch but thank you) and I definitely saw him in George’s character:  Mr. Salt and Pepper doing pull ups and yoga stretches with a strong interest in firearms.  I liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment