Tuesday, July 5, 2011

MusicMonday—Hunger for the Great Light

Yesterday I mentioned listening to my latest favorite song like thirty times on repeat when I was driving home from Peoria on the weekend.  Since coming home, I’m still listening to it.

Gary had brought home several Dave Matthews Band cd’s for me from a yard sale earlier this summer.  He is not a fan (at all), but knows I like to listen. 

I threw a couple of the new ones (new to me anyway) into the van before I left on my long pleasure drive, but ended up actually playing one of the DMB cd’s I had already had, Stand Up from 2005, and sorta discovered a song that I hadn’t paid that much attention to before.  How does that happen?  I don’t know, but I like when it does.  It’s like getting new life out of something old.  I don’t know if it happens because something matches up with your life at that moment that wasn’t there before that now makes it significant to you.  Maybe there wasn’t that connection to something current before so that’s how you missed it the first time.  I don’t know, but think maybe that’s it. 

Here it is, if you’re interested.  Cool song, to me anyway.

They’re playing in Chicago this weekend.  Kinda wishing I was, too.  Get this!  This guy’s part of the DMB Caravan, also!  Seriously.

I should so be there.

2 comments:

  1. Yikes, I guess I totally missed a day. This is not Monday afterall and my last post wasn't yesterday. I did have a 4th of July, just kinda forgot it apparently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha - I didn't even notice when I read it. Although... I probably didn't read it the day you posted it. I've been a little behind on my reading.

    ReplyDelete