Thursday, July 21, 2011

WWKW?

I stumbled onto this blog http://whatkatewore.com/ this morning and about gave myself a heart attack. 

I knew I had heard smidgens about the newlywed Duke and Duchess travelling to our continent, but not being much of a news or TV watcher, I really didn’t know quite the extent of the coverage.  Wow.  Apparently there was plenty.

I scrolled through the blog, sighing with great relief that no longer would I have to wonder just what would Kate wear?  Quickly, I found all the fashion news I have been missing.  For one, evidently pantyhose are selling off the shelves now, thanks to classy Miss Kate.  And I am not sure just how I feel about that.  It’s honestly been a nice break since, what, 1998-2000?  It may be hard to go back.

So, anywho, as I sat here with my un-brushed bed hair and non-kate dresspedicured feet in the same terry cloth “gown” that I slept in that is in actuality a swimming suit cover-up, I gazed upon this lovely thing with her smart dresses that I could so imagine myself wearing. 

I love this one  -----> 

and this one:Kate-William-LA-7-10-11-Getty-Reuters 

and especially this, gorgeous and so summery! 

Kate-APPhoto-Reuters

I will say I like her style.  It reminds me of how I used to dress back when I had a job that said thank you in the form of a pay check and necessitated more than sitting around in a terrycloth outfit. 

So about the heart attack part…Imagine my complete surprise when I find Kate and Will had been to the rodeo in Calgary kate cowboy bootsand the talk was about her boots that at first glance made me realize I must truly be like Duchess material after all because Hello, me, Santa Fe Flea market?!!   Now won’t you please hand Gary his polo mallet and me my tiara? 

Obviously, I wear the same boots as the most talked about, photographed fashionable lady in the world right now.  All I could say is, brilliant!  No, make that smashing!

Right then I went to the closet to pull out my awesome boots and do the actual side-by-side comparison.  Upon closer inspection, I met with the realization that her boots are a little different from mine in both the stitching detail and the curve of the sole.  And, yeah, the squared toe and height and cut of the shaft.  You know, maybe the heel, too?

july 11 048

Ok, fine, hers look way more Duchessy than mine after all.

Bloody dangit.

4 comments:

  1. I was hoping for a photo of you with unbrushed hair, terrycloth nightie/coverup, and the boots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and with the boots on! Are you taking them on vacation?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, why didn't I think of that (the lovely picture opportunity)? I think I will leave them at home instead of taking to FL although they would look smokin good while we are in Nashville.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debra writes:

    Actually, on a recent Saturday with Julia and Neil, that sister also bought some cowboy boots! So perhaps yours should make the trip afterall.

    Before I read this story, I saw the title: "WWKW," and I immediately thought it stood for "What Would Karen Wear." I thought that it would be a documentary on plaid and flannel.

    ReplyDelete