Saturday, October 16, 2010

A Conversation Overheard

Today is Sam and Caroline’s Fall Fest at school, put on by the PTO.  It’s a collaboration of parents and teachers offering a good, fun time for the kids while raising funds for the organization.  I just found out my assignment; I work the balloon booth. Cool!

The kids are very excited about it this afternoon and I just heard them just discussing the events.  One event is Pie-in-the-Eye where kids can throw a pie in the principal’s face for $1 a pie.  Both kids asked excitedly if they could have a $1 from me. 

Caroline said she was going to throw hers right in the principal’s eyes since the name is Pie-in-the-Eye. 

Sam said, oh no, he wasn’t.  He will throw a pie, but does not want it to go in her eyes.  He said he does not want to because the principal said she will give out detentions to anyone that throws it in her eyes. 

Caroline clarified, “No, Sam.  She was just joking!”

Sam answered back, indignant as I’ve ever seen him,

“No, Caroline!  She doesn’t joke.  She’s a teacher!”

1 comment:

  1. Tell Caroline that some of my teachers were the biggest jokesters I've ever met!

    ReplyDelete