Thursday, October 14, 2010

Sam at School

oct 10 038

Sam is still having an excellent attitude about school and has learned so much in these few short weeks since starting Kindergarten in August.

I went through his papers last night as usual.  I had to ask him just what was going on with his tracing H’s.  He had these circle additions on a couple them and then the next letter, you could tell was completed by the teacher in yellow highlighter. 

I could just see the classroom scenario playing out in my head.  He’s doing something goofy, she walks by, she corrects him, and hopefully she gets him back on target.  It appeared that worked, judging from the rest of the paper.

I just couldn’t figure out about the circles.  I wondered if he was trying to make the H’s maybe look like cursive.  Caroline has cursive on the brain these days, so I thought that might be it. 

Nope, he told me, he just wanted them to have feet.  oct 10 067

1 comment:

  1. yuck - they're teaching them those lowercase letters with the little swirls at the end. His uppercase letters match those just fine.

    ReplyDelete