Thursday, March 3, 2011

Important Announcement

The boy formerly known as cantankerous curmudgeon has now been replaced with happy boy: king of dance. 

All we did was innocently borrow Just Dance 2 for the Wii from a neighbor and the grumpy kid has turned completely around.  Even his teacher mentioned to me that she sees such a difference.  He dances for hours at a time, sweating like you can’t imagine, and racking up points to put Fred Astaire to shame.  He loves it.  He out-dances us all and here I think I am something with my Zumba moves. 

We had to return the borrowed game after a couple of days.  I told Gary I thought maybe we should get our own copy since it seemed to be something Grant really enjoyed and his mood was so improved.  I admit I was not surprised when Gary seemed to scoff at the idea of spending the $40+.

However, I will tell you that that very evening after work and a quick stop into the WMart, he walked in with Just Dance 2.

Guess you can’t put a price on your kid’s happiness.  And the mom’s sanity.

2 comments: