Monday, March 7, 2011

MusicMonday—Adele

I had first heard Adele a couple of years ago when the nineteen year old from London was being discovered in the US and her song Chasing Pavements was all over VH1.   The song just didn’t really click with me and I wasn’t that interested, I guess.

I think if I had heard this song from that same album, I would have noticed her. 

But then last week, I heard Rolling in the Deep by Adele on the radio and BOOM, big explosion for me as I loved her sound, her voice, and the song itself.  Since then, I’ve bought some other of her songs; she did a remake of The Cure’s Lovesong and I absolutely love it!

She sounds so strong and sings beautifully whether live or on the record and that’s such a sign to me of real talent. 

Hey, if you liked that and want to hear it again, here’s her live debut of the song when she was on Ellen. 

2 comments:

  1. My favorite Adele song is "Right As Rain"

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5DMmOLkLQI

    "Cold Shoulder" is good also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ross, do you have the 19 album? I had heard Right as Rain before but not Cold Shoulder and just listened and found I liked it better of the two.

    ReplyDelete