Friday, March 11, 2011

Pioneer Woman Returns

I had an exciting 42nd birthday two years ago when I met Ree, my fave blogger. Click this to read all about the last time that I saw her.  Saw her in person, that is.  Since that time, she’s been on Today, The View, Good Morning America, Thanksgiving Throwdown with Bobby Flay, just to name a few, and has been seen in Forbes, Ladies Home Journal, and Southern Living and lots of other magazines. 

My friend Kel and I are still huge fans, so I couldn’t miss it when Pioneer Woman returned to St. Louis for a signing of her latest book, Black Heels to Tractor Wheels.  All I had to do was message Kel and ask “Are you in?”  Of course, we were.

PW’s starting to get kinda famous!  There’s even going to be a movie made by Columbia Pictures based on this book, her true life love story about meeting and marrying her cowboy husband. 

BTW, yeah, I’m friends with him, too.  He’s on my cell phone, geesh. 

mm

I heard it’s Reese Witherspoon that will play her role.  Wonder who for him? 

I guess her life reminds me a bit of my own: living on a farm, having four punks, existing much of the time in the kitchen or laundry room, being married to the man of her dreams.  We have so much in common.  Except she is very witty, funny, far more productive,  redheaded, a former ballerina, and home schools.  And she has a fancy camera and can cook fancy, too.  And even though she is all this and a stick of butter, I just find her so likeable and I am happy, happy for all her success.

It’s not like she planned any of this.  She was a mom isolated at home in the country with little babies and then she discovered this wonderful Internet as a creative outlet for posting things about her everyday life. Little by little, her readership grew.

This time coming to St. Louis, she was at the St. Louis County Library right across from Plaza Frontenac. Kel and I enjoyed another chat fest together as we drove over, stood in line, sat awhile, watched another PW Q and A session with our view obstructed not my a major pillar this time but by a major large woman’s head, stood in line some more, and chatted again with this handsome dude.

2011-02-26_20.20.11

He said he liked visiting St. Louis again.  He might have actually said it was his favorite of the places he went on their book tour.  He said that, to Kelly and me!  Because we are St. Louis.  I’m sure that’s what he meant.  

Anyway, Kel again wanted no part of any picture taking, silly girl, but I was all in!

Me and Ree 2011

Another happy smile, just like in 2009.  If you notice, I’m wearing the shirt she gave me last time. 

Time for a Little Confession: 

I had to tuck it in because I have worn three little holes in it, right at the belly.  Classy. 

And I wore brand new shoes again.  I’ve got a pattern going here.

So anywho, here’s my favorite favorite blog if you want to click and check her out:

ThePioneerWoman.com

Warning: she is hilarious and so entertaining!  And even after all these years, I still check in on her every day that I can get to the computer.  And get this… she gets 13 million hits a month on her blog.  Yes, I said 13 million.  I think I might get 10, as in one more past nine, and that’s just because you guys, my wonderful family, endure me.  I don’t even know how to find out such things like how many blog hits.

So what a great thrill to see my now celeb friend again and as I stepped away from her there at the table, reluctantly, because I would have liked to have chatted all night, she thanked me!   She is so cool. 

2 comments:

  1. Cute picture, I think you are on your way to a million hits, just keep up the writing, we so enjoy it. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I didn't realize how long you've had this blog until you posted this today. I went back and looked at the first page of posts you did in Summer 2009. Wow! The formatting is much easier on the eyes these days! haha

    Thanks!

    You're still my "Number 2 Most Visited Website" on the Internet. (#1 goes to Google, which really shouldn't count since it is a search engine - I guess Gills-A-Gogo is #1!)

    ReplyDelete