Monday, March 28, 2011

MusicMonday—Tim Reynolds Dream

tim reynoldsI woke up this morning remembering a dream I had just had.  I was at some place, like a outdoor eating place maybe, and in walked this guy you see here, Tim Reynolds,  with a lady I assumed was his wife and they sat right next to me.  It hardly looked like Tim Reynolds since he had Troy Palomalu hair,troy p hair you know how crazy dreams can be, but I was excited to meet him and began to chat.  I right away asked him why he thought he wasn’t more well known for his musical ability and apparently he thought he was pretty famous, so our conversation got real awkward real fast.  A non-significant dream for sure, but it gave me a quick MusicMonday idea.   

This and this will fill you in on Tim Reynolds.  I didn’t know he lived in St. Louis for some time in his younger days.  I just knew he has played guitar with Dave Matthews for years and I thought maybe he was underrated.  My mistake. 

This is him and Dave Matthews playing an acoustic Crush from 2003, I think.  If you don’t have time to listen to the whole thing, you can skip the first thirty seconds of Dave talking and also could click on at about 7:00 to just catch the tail end, but I like listening to it all.  And this particular one video probably doesn’t even capture the best of Tim’s incredible guitar skills, but too little Gills-A-GoGo time today to search for more.  Gotta get to planning more for our romantic New Mexico getaway.  Hey, in fact, Tim lived in what will be our first stop, Santa Fe.  

3 comments:

  1. The 7:00 mark is impressive - I don't think I've heard acoustic guitar sound like that before!

    That's too funny that you would ask him why he wasn't famous enough! Haha

    p.s. I do not like Dave Matthews.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that is probably just what I'd do in real life. I should probably just not meet any celebrities; well, except Flea when he invites me to dance on stage.
    P.S. That makes two non-DMB fans in the world. Ross and Gary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, did you see on Tim's website that he will be playing in Edwardsville at the Wildey Theatre on April 23rd?? Tickets are $35 and it starts at 7PM.

    ReplyDelete